Monday 27 May 2013

Audley End House

Last Saturday we went to Audley End House, an English Heritage site with our grandparents (dad's parents). It was very nice. We first went around the beautiful gardens. There were all sorts of different flowers. Roses, tulips, you name it, they had it.

Then we went to the stables. It was a very nice place. There was something which when you press a button tells you about a person who worked there once. There were real horses too! Myfavourite horse was a brown one which I can't remember the name of. He used to be a racing horse but now he is a riding one.

After that we went to the house. We first went to the servants headquarters. My favourite room in it was the cheese room. It must have taken a long time to make the cheese!

Next we went to the fancy part of the house. It had hundreds and hundreds of paintings. My favourite room was a room full of stuffed animals. It was my favourite one because I learnt that in those days not many books had pictures. So, if you wanted to know what an animal looked like, you go to the stuffed animal room.

I had so much fun!!
we some ducklings at the pond there!
We walked up the hill and saw the house from a distance

In the gardens with the tulips
Elsie and I dressed up as servants
meeting the horse in the stables

No comments:

Post a Comment